Fibrofest is an annual concert with proceeds donated to FMA UK. This year's concert will take place on Saturday 3rd June at 4 pm in Leo's Red Lion in Gravesend. More details and how to order tickets can be found on the attached poster.
ReMEmber are hosting their National ME Awareness week conference on Saturday 13th May 2017 in Burgess Hill, West Sussex. Full details are on the poster.
Thank you to everyone who supports us by sending their used ink cartridges to Recycle to Charity .... the total raised to date is almost £3,702.02 .... why not order some recycle bags and help us to reach our target of £4,000 by the end of 2017.
Recycle bags (and other resources) can be ordered from www.fmauk.org/resources
Simon Stones, a trustee of Fibromyalgia Action UK, has written a blog on fibromyalgia on Cloudy with a Chance of Pain https://cloudywithachanceofpain.com/blog/guest-blog-fibromyalgia-uk
Here is the whole text:
‘’Fibromyalgia is a chronic, long-term condition involving widespread pain, a heightened pain response, and overwhelming fatigue. The name fibromyalgia is derived from Latin: fibro for fibrous tissues such as tendons, ligaments; my for muscles; and algia for pain.
The severity, location and duration of pain varies for each person and between groups of people, but the condition is often described as feeling like diffuse aching or burning. The fatigue ranges from feeling tired to complete exhaustion. This may come and go, and people can suddenly feel drained of all energy, a bit like “pulling the plug"!
Besides pain and fatigue, fibromyalgia symptoms often include:
- Un-refreshing sleep, waking up tired and stiff
- Cognitive disturbances, including a lack of concentration, temporary memory impairment and mixing up words, also known as “brain fog".
- Clumsiness and dizziness
- Headaches, ranging from ordinary types to migraines
Please find below an announcement from Penny Mordaunt, the Minister for Disabled People, Health and Work, relevant to the Motability Scheme and Personal Independence Payment (PIP) which may be of interest to you.
You will also find a comment from Lord Sterling, Chairman and Co-founder of Motability explaining this further.
The information relates to enhancements to the PIP transitional support package available to people who are unsuccessful in their reassessment from Disability Living Allowance (DLA) to PIP.
Further details are also available, including a Q&A, on the Motability Scheme website here
- Helplines Closed - Easter weekend
- Dance for fibromyalgia by students from the Doncaster College and University Centre
- Lesley's 8 hours bike-a-thon for FMA UK
- Georgie and Ellis will sky-dive for FMA UK
- Organise a coffee and cake morning on Friday 12th May for Fibromyalgia Awareness Day!
- Fibromyalgia interview on Radio Sheffield