Research Study - Dietary Intake in Women with Fibromyalgia
1.1 Aim and objectives
The aim of this research is to investigate the dietary intake of fibromyalgia patients and of healthy controls. The objectives of this study are
- to recruit a sample of fibromyalgia patients and healthy controls,
- to provide a diet diary and a symptom diary to all participants,
- to collect information on nutritional intake, medication taken and the type and frequency of symptoms
- to assess for any nutritional deficiencies or differences in dietary intake in fibromyalgia patients, compared with the control group and
- to see if there is an association between diet and experience of fibromyalgia symptoms.