FMA UK - UK's National charity for fibromyalgia
Online fibromyalgia learning package
The American Fibromyalgia Association has been involved in producing an online fibromyalgia learning package for professionals and patients. It is free and after testing a certificate can be printed off. While some of it may obviously fit the American system rather than the NHS, it is still a useful resource with much valuable information.
Charity Night in Aid of FMA UK & Bury Hospice
Research Study - Dietary Intake in Women with Fibromyalgia
1.1 Aim and objectives
The aim of this research is to investigate the dietary intake of fibromyalgia patients and of healthy controls. The objectives of this study are
- to recruit a sample of fibromyalgia patients and healthy controls,
- to provide a diet diary and a symptom diary to all participants,
- to collect information on nutritional intake, medication taken and the type and frequency of symptoms
- to assess for any nutritional deficiencies or differences in dietary intake in fibromyalgia patients, compared with the control group and
- to see if there is an association between diet and experience of fibromyalgia symptoms.
Say I Love You with Charity Flowers
SAY I LOVE YOU THIS VALENTINES DAY
Charityflowers has a lovely selection of Valentine Flowers this year.
Choose the classic dozen red roses, one of our stunning single red roses, or why not choose one of our more contemporary bouquets such as the valentine carnation bouquet or our beautiful romance bouquet.
Roses can be sent with guaranteed 14th February delivery.
And remember - When you buy flowers by post from Charity Flowers Direct 15% of the retail price will be given to the charity of your choice. So say I Love You and support FMA UK.
CPPC Announce Pain Champion for 2014
The Chronic Pain Policy Coalition are pleased to announce the Pain Champion for 2014 as Peter Moore founder of the Pain Toolkit.
The award given by the Chronic Pain Policy Coalition in conjunction with Pain UK and the British Pain Society recognises outstanding achievement by those who work to improve the quality of life with people who live in persistent pain
ARC Campaign - Sharing your Patient Record
“The following is shared from Arthritis Research UK. This data could in the future help to pinpoint FM patients and their treatment and outcome to show what changes need to be made.
Sharing your patient record
Just to update you that Arthritis Research UK is taking part in a campaign alongside Cancer Research UK, Diabetes UK, the British Heart Foundation and the Wellcome Trust which has launched today (13 Jan). The advertising work aims to raise awareness of the importance of sharing data from patient records with researchers. It coincides with a leaflet drop by NHS England to all 22 million households in England, which will take place throughout January, explaining changes in how data from our health records is collected from GP surgeries.
BUPA Great North Run 2014 - Ballot Open
2014 BUPA GREAT NORTH RUN BALLOT IS NOW OPEN
This year the event, which will be staged on Sunday 7 September, will become the first mass participation run to welcome home its one millionth finisher!
The general ballot will close at midday on Wednesday 5 February. All successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified by email on or before Wednesday 12 February.
- Consultation report published: the Provision of Specialist Residential Chronic Pain Services in Scotland
- FollyPogs Annual Fibro conference
- NHS Approval for FibroMapp Phone App
- Survey - Prescription Charges & Work
- Fibromyalgia & Pregnancy Study - volunteers needed
- E-Petition - Parliamentary Debate to Prioritise Pain in the NHS