- Category: General Information
- Published on Thursday, 02 March 2017 15:09
- Hits: 330
HealthUnlocked Online Community Volunteer Admin role description
This role can be based anywhere in the UK, from home, and undertaken when it is convenient to the volunteer. No fixed time commitment is needed, however we will ask you to login and respond to tasks regularly.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting the discussion forum alongside other Volunteer Admins
- Helping to ensure the community forum is a relevant, welcoming and a supportive environment
- Posting messages to welcome new members to the forum and helping the Admin team to ensure that posts are replied to.
- Directing community forum members to useful resources on the FMA UK Community Forum or FMA UK website.
- Explaining how to carry out basic tasks on the community forum (e.g. posting a message)
- Highlighting to the forum users and to other Admins posts, questions or comments that may have content that is against guidelines so relevant action can be taken.
- Taking part in the 'Admins Only’ discussion group when appropriate and ensuring that the confidentiality of this group is maintained
- Contributing to discussions around forum development, policy and rules.
- Maintaining clear professional boundaries.
What you will NOT be doing:
- Advising people using the forum on any health and other personal issues
- Advocating for any particular health related idea, product or service.
- Giving emotional support – maintaining professional boundaries at all times is a paramount
From Volunteer Admins we look for:
- understanding of using HealthUnlocked or other online forums, email and websites
- understanding of the problems faced by people affected by fibromyalgia
- sensitivity, diplomacy, tactfulness and ability to understand different points of view
- to be able to think clearly & calmly to address problematic situations impartially, objectively and fairly with the aim of resolving the situation
- Sound judgement
- Good attention to detail
- Good team working skills
- Easy access to a computer and Internet
- Understanding and commitment to principle of data protection, confidentiality and professional boundaries.
How to apply
Visit the HealthUnlocked Fibromyalgia Action UK forum: